IV: Inspection of Animals for Sale and Culling
- Culling: Bulls will be culled on the basis of breeding soundness, weight, scrotal circumference (bulls must meet breed standard) and temperament. All culled bulls must be removed from the premises no later than 8:00 a.m., Tuesday, February 27, 2018.
- Inspection: The Alberta Cattle Breeders Board of Directors shall inspect the bulls of each breed for tattoo, semen certificate and weight. The Board of Directors of the Alberta Cattle Breeders Association, as inspectors with absolute authorization, shall remove any such bulls (any such bulls considered inferior in quality or not being representative of the breed, or not being sound in so far as it may be determined by physical examination) from the sale premises.
- The entry fee paid by the consignor to the Association in respect of any such animals removed or rejected as aforesaid shall belong to and remain the property of the Association.
- Alberta Livestock Manifest: All bulls will be brand inspected and a current livestock manifest must be presented at the weigh scale.
- Tattoo Inspection: The tattoo of each animal will be checked by the Inspector. The animal will be refused entry if the tattoo is not legible or does not correspond to the pedigree. Once a bull has been examined at the scale, there will be absolutely no re-tattooing.